About This Job
Assists Executive Housekeeper in the day to day operations of the Housekeeping Department. Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas. Maintains records and controls linens, supplies and uniforms. Assists in the development and direction of housekeeping personnel.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach continuously.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring sustained repetitive motion, for example: dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, etc.
- Ability to understand and operate housekeeping equipment for example: vacuum, buffer.
- Ability to interact with guests and other associates in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- Ability to direct or escort guests to facilities/functions in hotel.
- Able to speak and understand English.
What you will be doing
- Assists in the direction and development of the housekeeping staff.
- Maintains cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas.
- Inspects rooms and public areas; monitors room assignments and guest room set up.
- Maintains linen, amenity and supply inventory.
- Provides a safe environment for both guests and associates.
- Works with and keeps lines of communication open between all associates and guests to provide a smooth running operation.
- Reports any maintenance issues to the Maintenance Department
- Assist Executive Housekeeper/Rooms Division Manager with additional duties as assigned.
- Successfully completes all DHG and hotel specific training.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings.
- Strong project management skills; managing time effectively and prioritizing for positive results.
- Ability to plan resources effectively, anticipate obstacles and develop solutions
- Highly resourceful, flexible and creative in problem solving
- Ability to work on multiple projects and execute with a high level of quality and accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Ability and desire to adapt quickly to change
- High School diploma required. Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in related field (i.e. : Hotel Management, Business Management) preferred but not required.
- Preferred: Hotel Housekeeping Supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Minimum of 3 years housekeeping experience.
- On the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment:
- Medical (Full Time Employees Only)
- Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Term Life / Whole Life Insurance
- On the 1st of the month following 1 year of service:
- Paid Vacation Time - 1 Week upon 1 year of service (Full Time Employees Only)
- Paid Personal Time - 12 days per year; accrued at the rate of 1 day per calendar month. (Full Time Employees Only)
- Access to discounted room rates worldwide with the GoHilton Team Member Travel Program.
The Verve Boston Natick, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
251 Room Hotel
Innovative hotel located in MetroWest Boston business and shopping mecca
In celebration of American pop culture, The Verve Boston Natick, MA, offers a conceptual stay like no other. From vintage telephone booths to TVs playing classic commercials, we’re more than just a place to stay. Immerse yourself in this tribute to the decades and enjoy a unique and unforgettable experience.
Located in the heart of the MetroWest, we’re close to major businesses including TJX, Bose, Cognex, and SCIEX. We’re across the street from premier shopping destination Natick Mall and a short drive to local academic institutions. We provide free shuttle service to Logan Express bus station and West Natick train station for easy access to downtown Boston.