posted September 15, 2023
Front Office Manager
Front Office Manager Wanted!
Responsible for maintaining a high quality of service offered to guests while maximizing profitability through the management of the functional arrears of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services, guest accounting and night audit. Responsible for achieving budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizing profitability related to the guest service department. Develops short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest services department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
What you will be doing
- Recruit new employees, interview applicants, train, supervise, coach, and counsel front office staff.
- Train and empower employees to exercise good judgment to make decisions regarding service, product quality, and guest satisfaction by adhering to company training standards.
- Supervise Front Desk, Concierge, Bell Stand and Night Audit.
- Oversee daily operations of Front Office staff to include quality assurance, guest satisfaction, payroll expenses, weekly scheduling, and inter and/or intra department communication.
- Prepare annual guest service department budget to include revenues, payroll, and direct expensed.
- Prepare weekly schedules anticipating business levels and emerging trends.
- Prepare forecasts - weekly 30-60-90 day.
- Handle guests requests and complaints appropriately and with urgency and accuracy. Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees and other managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/hotel performance.
- Conduct daily shift meetings and monthly departmental meetings.
- Monitor cash handling, credit card totals and deposit slips to ensure accuracy of collections.
- Maintain information on prices, rates amenities, packages, specials, gift certificates, etc. and communicate this information effectively with staff within department and within hotel.
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in related field (i.e., Hotel Management) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years with front desk operations, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years front desk supervision experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years hotel experience, preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- CPR Certification, preferred.
- Supervisor/Manager Certification, preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance available after 60 days; 401k; Personal and Vacation time.
Compensation: $60,000 - $65,000
Holiday Inn Boston Bunker Hill Area
184 Room Hotel
The hotel is a Holiday Inn Franchise that is owned and operated by Distinctive Hospitality Group under a license from Intercontinental Hotels Group offering 184 spacious guest rooms, DRAFT Restaurant, Sports Deck and over 10,000 square feet of meeting space. In addition to our ample parking for guests and team members, our Boston/Somerville hotel features 184 spacious guest rooms with eight executive suites and 10 ADA-accessible rooms that provide a welcoming respite for our guests' trip to Boston. All of our associates enjoy the perks and benefits of discounts when traveling globally at IHG Hotels.
The location of the hotel is ideal for business and leisure travelers and is just under 3 miles from Boston Logan International Airport and most Boston area attractions such as the Aquarium, Quincy Market, and the Museum of Science. Our guests also enjoy complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout our property; a fully-equipped fitness center with an indoor pool, as well as a family-friendly restaurant right on-site. Our guests are sure to enjoy relaxing in a spacious guest room that features plush bedding, a flatscreen TV, refrigerator, desk, and Internet access.
- Heated Indoor Pool and Sports Deck
- Full-service on-site Restaurant
- 24-hour Fitness Center